Thursday 1 January 2009

My first DSLR

First of all I would like to thank my wife as she was the person who supported me to finally buy a Digital SLR camera. Without her saying the magic word 'agatah bali..' I would not have done it. *luv u sayang*

Well, impressive photos taken by alt-expression & gembo also did the trick as she was saying how outstanding those photos were. She gave similar comments like mine.. 'macam dalam magazine saja..'

Seems to be I got a lot to catch up with my bros and meet my wife expectations. Need all of your support guys.. Cheers.. and Have a happy new year holiday.

My new Canon EOS 40D with EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM. Photo taken by his cousin; Canon PowerShot A470 with 6.3-21.6mm f/3-5.8.

6 comments:

  1. A very good choice of camera & lens. The 17-85mm gives you a good range (wide to mid telephoto). Learning the basic is not that difficult. keep on experimenting & read from the net. Basic stuff you should learn is about exposure, that would involve, shutter speed, aperture & ISO. Don't forget to read the manual as well. When I first started, I just used the P mode which is actually auto but has flexibility for the user to change the focus point (i.e. the dots dalam view finder atu..) Happy shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (Advance) Birthday present lah tu - congrats on ur new camera, bro. As ZulH said, good choice of camera & lens. THIS CALLS FOR AN OUTING hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gembo: Thanks Mie. Your spot-on. Its somewhat an advanced Birthday present. Pasal outing.. bila? hehehe.
    Zul: Thanks for the tip Zul. I will read more on the manual particularly on the P mode for a start.

    Thanks again you guys.. both of you will be among the 1st I will depend on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries - will always try to help. Outing, we'll see nanti - ani kan sekolah udah anak (Muhammad ugama udah), so saturday afternoons inda free lagi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mran, your statement atu mcm ucapan dapat anugerah artis terbaik saja..hehe.. On the outing we'll think of a simple gathering for the family where the kids and wifeys can minggle kalau ada free this year 2009, InsyaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awu wah.. macam manang anugerah saja bunyinya.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete